Wednesday, May 18, 2011

{Sewing-is-tough!}

My new toy.....

My husband is the BEST. He impulsively bought me a sewing machine the other day. Wasn't that so sweet!! He sooooo gets me and supports my desires to try new things. Whether I am good at those things is totally up to me, and . . . . . . well . . . . I wish I could say that I was good at this. When it comes to sewing....so far....I'm not so good! LOL. I know, I know, patience is a virtue and practice makes perfect, I know!! But, in general, it was a tough go.

We got her all threaded (after 20+ minutes) and then Ali read the instructions before she gave it a whirl...

Then I decided to give it a try......(I'm very focused - haha)
We didn't have a plan for making anything, we just wanted to get a feel for the machine and practice a little. Even Josh got in on the fun (and sewed much straighter lines than Ali and I did, that's for sure)
Ali tried making ruffles, and then she tried to sew a bunting.....none of it was too successful, so at the end of the sewing practice run, we managed to make a . . . . . . . . .
P I L L O W !
A totally intentional t i n y pillow......

...and sadie totally loves it!

LOL!

We are not giving up, don't worry! We will try again soon & I will keep you posted on our progress!

I hope you had a great Tuesday!

:)
-lisa

5 comments:

  1. Yay for new sewing machines! After I get my new pedal, we should have an "adventures in sewing" party :) XO Love you sister, even if we suck it big time at sewing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I have attempted sewing just in the last few days. Your pillow looks great! I made a pillow, too. It's not perfect but I had a ball and have a long way to go to learn. How sweet of your husband to buy the machine for you and how cute he is sewing! I look forward to seeing what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it just takes time, practice, and most of all patience! you will get there- just keep at it! and if you don't get there, we'll have ourselves a little sewing party when i am there in september. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww you two are so cute! At least you have a manual! i have a hand-me-down machine from the '70s and I have to figure it out magically=P

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww so fun! I am hoping my hubby gets me a sewing machine for my bday so I can take my whirl at sewing. I would LOVE to be able to make all my own bedding/curtains/pillows! What machine did you get?

    Jayme

    http://jayme-pierce.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete