I am jumping on the 25 thing bandwagon...I've got nothing but time as I wait for this little guy inside of me to make his appearance!!
Here we go.....
1. I am a total sucker when it comes to those "In-store FREE $10 coupons with no minimum purchase necessary". I ALWAYS spend more than the free $10. It's a problem ;)
2. I am a Mac girl. My computer broke and it was going to cost $310 to fix it (flat rate) or my husband said I could get a brand new PC.....we fixed my Mac :) (Phew!)
3. I am never the person at an event with a camera in my hand ready to take pictures. I ALWAYS used to be the one with the camera in our group, but the last few years I've just gotten over it for some reason. I am sure with my little guy here, the camera will resurrect.
4. I eat regular old Original Shredded Wheat cereal -- the big biscuits. I don't add sugar or anything. I think I am the only person I know that buys those. 2 biscuits has over 6 grams of fiber...that's a big plus!
5. I totally have delusions of what my pre-pregnancy body looked like. I keep saying "I can't wait to have my body back" and "I miss my mid-section", but truthfully, I wasn't super thrilled with my body before I got pregnant -- LOL. It wasn't horrible, but I was definitely in need of some toning. A healthier lifestyle overall is in my future, I am making that promise to myself right now!
6. My FAVORITE perfume is "Body by Victoria" from Victoria Secret. It sounds cheesy, but it smells soooo good, and it's not cheap (it's around $50, I think). Every time I wear it (literally every time), someone stops me to tell me I smell good. It happened in the grocery store yesterday even. I am not even joking. You should check it out.
7. I love to sleep in! Well....not lately as much because I'm pretty uncomfy, but in general, I could sleep until 10:00 everyday, no problem. I know that is going to change here very soon, but generally I don't wake up early if I don't have to.
8. I don't drink soda at all. Ali has been trying to convince me that I should love it (Root beer has been creeping in a little bit), but I just don't. I'm a sparkling water, iced tea, sparkling apple cider kind of gal :)
9. I have acid reflux. I have taken medicine for it daily since I was 18 yrs old -- even through my entire pregnancy. It sucks, but is much better now than it has ever been.
10. Back in the day, Ali sent in a "Bachelor" application for me. They never called :/ (haha!!)
11. A couple of years ago I got into a car accident. It was bad. I turned left in front of a car going straight through an intersection (it was actually a police car - oops!) when I was supposed to yield, and he t-boned me on the passenger side. My jeep spun around and then slammed over on it's side. Thank God for my seat belt locking so tight. My head was dangerously close to hitting the asphalt. It was scary. My car insurance premium went up -- a lot :/ but I was VERY lucky! VERY!
12. I am really only a discount shopper, but at the same time, I am a sucker for brand name stuff at discount prices. I hate to admit it, but sometimes I'll think an item of clothing isn't great looking, but when I find out it's a designer that I like, I sometimes (not always) change my mind. It's shallow, I know. I don't know why I do that.
13. I had my 39 week Dr. appt yesterday, and I have gained a total of 25 lbs this pregnancy with only a week or so more to go (I hope). I know it doesn't matter, and if I would have gained more that wouldn't have been bad at all, but I am secretly proud of myself for not going overboard. It made me feel good when the doctor said that I did a "good job with my weight gain" :)
14. I watch 'Friends' re-runs every-single-night. They are on from 11:00 pm - 1:00 am. I usually watch them all (lol). I have seen every single episode -- twice.
15. I have only ever had 1 massage in my life. I should get them more often. They hurt, but they feel good.
16. I don't like my teeth. They have a slight slant to them (they slant forward) and I really don't like them. I like Ali's better. I always have. I think I could have a better smile if they weren't the way that they are.
17. My one pregnancy craving has been Haagen Dazs 'Coffee' Ice cream. Mmmmmm! So good.
18. If I was having a girl, and hadn't already named my dog Sadie, that name would have been at the top of my baby girl names list :)
19. I always have gum in my purse. Always. Usually peppermint.
20. I REALLY want to get laser eye surgery. I have trouble seeing far away so I wear glasses when I drive, go to the movies, and watch TV. I really should be wearing them all of the time, but I don't. I will get it someday. It kind of freaks me out, but I want it. People say that it has changed their lives. I always see the world a little blurry. I will get it someday, mark my words.
21. I am not a girly girl. Don't get me wrong, I love fashion and makeup and clothes and girl stuff in general, but I tend to lean more towards the classic/different over the "girly" style. Example - pink is not my go to color for anything really. I prefer blackish/red or grayish nail polish, never pink, and I have a plain white cell phone case, etc.
22. I am NOT flexible. Sitting on the ground Indian-style or with my legs in front of me even is tough for me. Ha! I suck.
23. For years I was OBSESSED with crunching on ice. I would even order an extra cup of ice at restaurants (weird, I know). I chipped my tooth (twice) because of all of the ice crunching. I was told it was a side effect of anemia (low iron). I in fact have been anemic for years, but never took my iron supplements because they were hard on my stomach. Since I've been pregnant I have had to take 2 iron supplements per day (and of course I am religious about it because it's important for little Oliver), and TA-DAH...I am officially off of ice. LOL. I never even think about it at all. Crazy! I never thought I'd see the day (and don't worry, I plan to continue taking the appropriate amount of iron going forward. I know that my health is important too :) )
24. I only like using yellow highlighters. I especially dislike orange and green. (Ha! That one was really random!!)
25. I am READY to be a mommy. It's what I've wanted to be since I was a little girl. I've waited a long time. LONG time. I am ready!
That was kind of fun! I am an odd one, and I realize that now more than ever ha-ha!!