Monday, February 4, 2013

{Almost ONE}

{sigh}


My little BIG guy is almost one! I can't even begin to tell you how fast the time has flown by. Everyone told me that it would, but now I know that it really really does. I am a bit nostalgic and weepy but am super excited at the same time.

This year we get to have Oliver's birthday party on his actual birthday because it falls on a Sunday. We are just going to have a casual get together at a great park near our house. Food, hanging out, playing, and eating cake! Yum!

I ordered Oliver's birthday invitations from Shutterfly. I love the quality of their products. This type of invitation can be pricey, so I waited for them to have a sale (luckily, the sale that came up was 50% off and free shipping), and I don't plan on doing these every year, but I felt like his first birthday is special, so I would splurge!

Here they are.....

FRONT:

BACK:

Cute, right!? The small photos are of Oliver from 1 month old to 11 months old :) I love looking back at his tiny face and being able to compare him from month to month. Hindsight, I wish I would have done the first photo as his newborn shot because I ended up using 2 shots from his 11 month shoot at the bottom, but ah well. It's all adorable, so I don't really care. (and one more oops . . . . can you see month 4 and the fact that it is NOT on the gray chair? Ugh. We had just moved and I forgot all about it. I am bummed, but it's not the end of the world (or even anywhere in the same ballpark - duh. I feel dumb and petty for even mentioning it).

Also, the quatrefoil pattern on the back was not part of the invitation design. I chose it for the back by uploading an image that I found online. It could have been another Oliver pic, but I figured we had enough of that going on on the front already. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Next up for my super awesome little man - trying to walk. He is pulling himself up on new things everyday and it is so fun to watch!




Happy Monday everyone!

-L

7 comments:

  1. wow- tell me he is not already turning one and i haven't even met him. sniff sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our little baby boy sis! He's one of the three lights of my life. Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the concept and design of your blog.

    visit me tables

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the way how you design your tables and i think it also like having a photography that you have to be creative also..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute baby..i love the way how you design your tables..

    hospitality design firms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little man is too cute! My guy is about to turn 1 also.....coming too quickly!! Crazy how fast they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so cute! I love those invitations!

    ReplyDelete