Friday, August 31, 2012

{Lighting LOVE}

So, we are still moving forward over here, and I am trying to keep the mojo alive.

One thing that I knew I wanted to tackle upon moving in was the light fixture over the dining room table. It wasn't bad looking, it just wasn't my style at all. See.....



 Even though it has a matching entry-way light......
 .....(that I am leaving up because I don't have a budget for a new one), I knew I wanted something new and fresh over the table. The ceiling in the dining room is very high, and I know absolutely nothing about hard wiring anything, but I figured that if I could find a light worth having, I could find someone to install it for me (well, I hoped anyway).

If you'll remember at our old place, we had a light fixture that I loved......


The West Elm Capiz Shell Chandelier. Ooooh. Ahhhh. (lol). Unfortunately, that one had to stay with the house :( ....... B-U-T.......my sweet husband saw how bummed I was about leaving it behind and agreed to get me THE EXACT SAME ONE!! :) Yay! So, I have had it in my possession for over a month now, but have been overwhelmed by the task of hanging it.

Duh....all I had to do was ask my awesome brother in law to bring a 16ft ladder home from the firehouse and to hang it (hard wire) for me. Easy Peasey Japanesey!

Here we go.....

Come on down big guy ;)


Here is how the chandelier came, with all of the shell strands individually wrapped....

Once it was up we had to unwrap the strands carefully....


Oliver liked watching us do all of the hard work too...




And finally, all is right with the world (or at least with my dining room light fixture ;) ).....


I am so happy with how it turned out. Yes, the scale is a little off (small) for this space, and yes, it's a little "white" and gets a little lost against those tall white walls, BUT, once I hang stuff up on the walls, it will POP, I just know it. And I can't wait to hear the jingle jangle of the shells clanging together when the cross breeze goes through the house. I love that sound :) the sound of my VERY OWN WEST ELM CAPIZ SHELL CHANDELIER!!! :) YAY!

Oliver is excited about it too, can't you tell?! ;)



Happy holiday weekend everyone!
:) -L
 



2 comments:

  1. oh how i love it!!!! that is the one i want for our dining room, but i am waiting until we redo the kitchen since we are hoping to knock down the wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too... I'm not usually very particular about lighting, but that really is beautiful! I think it POPS against your shades too :) and how lucky that Josh could help you out with the project! you and Ali are lucky to have two awesome JOsh's

    ReplyDelete